Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dream in the Night

Breaking away from the thoughts running through my head I regain my composure deciding not to call a taxi. Instead I will move through the darkness enjoying my newfound feelings of grandeur. This will help ensure if questions are asked my whereabouts may not be easily questioned.  I see no way they could make a connection besides inside the club which is unlikely but better to be safe.  Leaving my boots off I find a way to tie them to my waist using materials lying about as I cannot move quickly enough in them.  The night has become dark and as I make my way into the trees it is very silent except for the sound of insects. My senses are amazingly sharp and guide me like a compass in the general direction of my objective and when closer I will surely find my way home.  Passing through what seems the ruins of a great country, small old decrepit houses scattered about the occasional industrial buildings and sheds. This place reeks of a sewer for the malcontent, I slow as I think how many would be missed. Damnit! Stop thinking that way; you have had enough for tonight struggling to prevent myself from attempting entry to the nearest house.  Father learned to control his appetites over the millenniums of death and so must I. I gain speed taking an almost ethereal form in the darkness but still I feel the concrete beneath my feet as I find a sidewalk.  The light from the posts produce a strobe affect as I pass this them with great speed.  The cold wind battering against my body as my dress feels even tighter against the wind and slightly trails behind me making my movement a little more awkward. I can see the large buildings now reaching into the night sky, dark windows shining in the darkness; a lovely site the skyline at night. I continue to avoid any areas where people may be, hiding in the shadows, as I know I must get home to ensure I do not meet the sun.  I resist the insane urge to provoke violence along the way so that I may feel justified in killing another and move on.  A dog starts barking annoyingly but the sound vanishes quickly into the night.  I can recognize my surroundings now as I eventually arrive at Peachtree Rd. The businesses have closed so I run along the top of the retaining walls that line certain parts of the road seeing how far I can jump.  Falling against the concrete on occasion causing large gashes and scratches that heal almost instantly.  I stop a moment in front a large glass window pressing myself against it to feel the frigid cold it imparts. I almost thought this is how you know you are alive but alas I cannot say that now. After a while I reach my building, still no message from Hannah – I hope she is okay but I suppose she probably dropped as soon as she arrived at her home. I enter the code for the front door and head up unlocking the many locks and entering my apartment. The sun will rise soon so I slip out of my dress hanging it in the closet. Remove the rest of my clothing and run a hot bath feeling the grime of the city, clubs, and death.  I wash myself quickly and sit for a moment reading a medical journal.  After the water is fully dry I move to the bed staring up at one of my spider friends.  Goodnight! I shall leave the window open for you tomorrow so more bugs may fly in and I am certain it nods in appreciation. Off to sleep with fresh blood pulsing in my veins creating wonderful new dreams or nightmares for some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment