Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Heading Home

I grab a glass of water and head back to the nurse’s station for an uneventful night.  As dawn approaches I head back to the locker room and take a quick shower, dress, and then on my way.  It is very dark with an eerie dark blue glow but no matter my sight cuts through the darkness easily seeing even the smallest things moving about.  I stroll along singing to myself, the after image of the man with the knife stalking behind me but I know it is only in my mind.  I wish for a moment someone would try and attack me as I do every night but alas only the chirp of crickets breaks the silence.  I am starving but all that is around are animals and I would never harm one.  A black cat turns towards me and starts to run.. ‘do not run my dear’. It stops and I can hear it thoughts ‘okay, shall we hunt together’ Am I really hearing its thoughts or am I insane? No matter…   ‘Not today my beautiful furry friend I must go home’ and I continue on my way.   Back at the apartment I enter the small run down building primarily used for student housing but one of the more hidden options for accommodation.  I punch in the code and enter the foyer the boards creaking and head up the old stairs to the seventh floor and my apartment.  I have black out shades on all of the windows and black widow spiders have made nests all about. Wrought iron candelabras are placed around and many remnants of the old country are on display. I reach for the wine bottle and uncork it not wasting time with a glass, drinking straight from it.  I can feel the blood coursing through my body.  Lovely but stale…  I lock the door with a number of locks to ensure no one enters.

No comments:

Post a Comment